Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Take 6 Tuesday - 12 Christmas Gifts For Under $20!

OMG!! There are only 47 days left until Christmas!

If you haven't already started crafting your home-made Christmas gifts, it is time to get started! There are so many people that we often want to give a little something to for Christmas but can't always spend unlimited amounts of money on, like teachers, grandparents, neighbors, co-workers, etc.

Close To My Heart has several items that can be made as gifts for under $20 and most even cheaper than that! Because there are so many options, I've decided to make this a bonus week and give you not 6, but 12 ideas this week!!

I also have sample pictures of many of the projects but as you look at the samples keep in mind that they are projects I've made in the past so try to imagine them in your favorite papers, ones that you might use for a Christmas gift.

Hang on tight and here we go!!!!!!!

12. Photo Wallet. This adorable little photo wallet is a great little gift or even a stocking stuffer. It is made with just cardstock and patterned paper and folds up to fit right inside your purse. It uses very little paper and therefore would make a very inexpensive gift.


11. Display Album. Display albums can be decorated to just hold pictures or they can also be used as a desk calendar. Decorated in your favorite papers they are an adorable desk item! The My Creations Display Album can be purchased for only $7.95.

10. Board Book. These books are great gifts for just about anyone. They can be made as a children's book or a theme book for any event. I think this particular item makes a great coffee table book as well. I made the one below using the "You Rock" paper packet. The My Creations Board Book only runs $6.95 and you can usually decorate it with less than 1/2 of a level 2 paper packet.



9. 3-Ring Binders. The 3-Ring Binders also make great theme books as well. They come about 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and are adorable when decorated. These binders make a great "Baby's First Year" book and other themes as well. Last summer I made a Disney binder using the characters and their autographs. The My Creations 3-Ring Binder is only $5.95!

8. Mix & Mingle Album. I love these! What more is there to say? These adorable mix & mingle albums come with 8 different panels to decorate. You can see in my sample below how I decorated it and used it to display in the accordion style. But the great thing about these albums is that you can also make wall hangings and other projects with them. You can also divide you 8 panels and make more than one project per package! Can you say Adorable?!



7. Star Album. Here is a project that makes an awesome teacher gift! It only requires cardstock and pattern paper so there is no base product to purchase. I love these because you can display it on a table or hang it as a decoration. And when you are done for the season, simply close it up to a 6 x 6 book and it is easily stored until the next time you want to pull it out! Here is a picture of one I made in the spring. I also have a Christmas workshop coming up on this one if you want to check out the current workshops tab.


6. Accordion Album. Accordion Albums (Memory Showcase) come in 6 x 6 and 9 x 9 sizes. These are fun to decorate and can also be used for a variety of themes. Some examples may include wedding, baby, graduation, Christmas, or vacations. The My Creations Memory Showcase are very reasonably priced also at $3.95 for the 6 x 6 and $5.95 for the 9 x 9.

Half way there..... Are you still with me?

5. Recipe/photo box. There are so many ways to decorate and use these boxes. I actually use the one I've decorated below to keep postcards in. I love to buy postcards when I travel and never knew what to do with them until I made my box. Another great feature about these boxes is that you can add a variety of 3-d embellishments to them and really get creative! The My Creations Recipe/Photo Box is only $6.95.



4. Photo Cube. I like the photo cube because it can also be decorated with lots of 3-D embellishments. It can also be used as a gift box for various occasions (baby shower, bridal shower, etc.). This item also makes a great desk decoration for the office. The My Creations Cube can be purchased for just $4.95!


3. Journal Books. The journal books make great gifts for teachers and students! They can be decorated with any papers of your choice and make a classy, inexpensive gift. The My Creations Journal can be purchased for $7.95 and holds 75 unlined pages.


2. Calendars. Calendars always make great Christmas gifts as we approach a new year. And nothing is better than a home-made calendar. There are two kinds of calendars that I find to be great Christmas gifts: 1) the event calendar and 2) the 12 x 12 Monthly Calendar. The Event Calendar is only $8.50 and the Monthly Calendar is just $7.95.

1. All-Sorts Mini Album or Acrylic Mini Album. The All-Sorts Mini Album is probably one of my favorites. Both of these albums are very unique in their design which leaves a lot to your creativity. When decorated, they are nothing but stunning! I can't imagine anyone that wouldn't appreciate either one of these gifts! The My Creations Acrylic Mini Album can be purchased for a reduced price of $9.95 and the My Creations All-Sorts Mini Album is only $5.95 - a deal that can't be beat!



I hope you have enjoyed some of my Christmas gift ideas as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you. If you have any questions regarding any particular project or need more detailed instructions, feel free to email me at danaterry4@comcast.net. Naturally, if you need to order any supplies for your Christmas gifts, you can do so on my website by clicking the link to the right or by emailing me.

Thanks for hanging with me and have a fantastic week!










1 comment: