Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Take 6 Tuesday - 6 Things I am Thankful For This Year

Welcome to this week's edition to Take 6 Tuesday!

In just a few days we will all be sitting around a big table eating Turkey (or some other yummy favorite) with family and friends enjoying the day off from work. Naturally, Thanksgiving is the time of year that we sit back and reflect on the things in our lives that we are thankful for. I'd like to share my list with you this week. Of coarse noting in my life would be possible without God so my list consists of not just 6 things that I'm thankful for but also 6 ways in which God has touched my life.

1. Family

As many of you know, my baby sister passed away just 4 months ago. This was very much a surprise to everyone. Lisa was only 37 years old but left 3 children and 2 darling grandchildren behind. Words cannot express how thankful I am for my family! I have a wonderful, supportive husband and two great kids that always keep me on my toes!

Here is a recent picture of my family taken at a wedding this summer. Look closely! That IS Jordan in a dress!!



2. Job(s)

In an economy where you can't open the newspaper or turn on the TV without hearing about more layoffs or unemployment rates, I have become very thankful that Rob and I have both been able to keep our jobs this year. I'm also thankful that Nick was able to find a permanent job working security at Harrah's just as his seasonal job at Worlds of Fun came to an end!

3. Freedom

Most of you that know me well know that I am very passionate about our country and our freedom! I am so thankful for the freedoms we have (and often take for granted) as Americans. I am thankful for all the men and women who serve our country to protect those freedoms as well.

2. Health

I'm thankful that God has provided me with the health that I need to do the things that I am able to do! As long as Rob and I have our health and our kids stay healthy, there really isn't too much more we can ask for.

1. Friends

I am so blessed to have so many different circles of friends! I have friends from work, high school, customers that are friends, Close To My Heart consultants that are friends, friends from fan clubs (you know who you are), friends from professional organizations, and on and on! I love my friends!

I'm sure you will also be reflecting on some of the things you are thankful for this week. I would love to hear from each of you if you are willing to share! Drop me a note and I'll drop you some blog candy!

Happy Thanksgiving and if you are reading this, I am thankful for YOU TOO!!









No comments:

Post a Comment