Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you will come back often and check out what's going on. I'll be honest. I'm completely new to the world of "blogging" so feel free to offer me any comments or suggestions on what you would like to see on my page. I would also love to hear about any topics you would like discussed here.

So, I thought I would kick things off by sharing my favorite room in my house with you... my scrapbook room! People often ask me how I organize and store my stuff so I'll show you. Trust me, organization is not one of by best attributes either!

I'm very fortunate to be able to have an entire room dedicated to my scrapbook business and hobby. After all, I certainly need the space!


Let me start the tour with my table. Yes, it sounds simple but I LOVE my table. A couple years ago, my husband helped me remodel my room and built me a custom made table, cabinet, and desk. Isn't he the greatest? My table has room for two people to scrapbook across from each other with a set of drawers on each side of the table. I keep some of my basic supplies in the top drawer, all of my acrylic blocks in the second drawer, and miscellaneous stuff in the bottom.

Here is a picture of my cabinet where I store most of my paper:

This is a great storage cabinet. I keep a great deal of paper in milk crates. This cabinet was designed so I could pull the milk crate out just as if I were pulling out a drawer but I like the crate concept because when I go to a crop, I just pull the crate out and go. On the right side, I have two crates with all of my cardstock filed by season. On the left side I have a crate of extra paper packets and Stickease that I can take to crops and sell. The center drawers are my opened paper packets that are generally used for my personal scrapbooking or planning clubs and workshops. My wonderful daughter just recently organized them alphabetically and placed dividers to help keep them organized.


While we are on the subject of paper, this picture shows how I store my extras. On the left side of the rack, I have my extra cardstock packets and on the right side I have all of my bulk papers as well as my variety of page protectors.

I also have a cool way to store and organize ribbon. This rack is actually a canned foods rack that can be purchased just about anywhere. I hung it behind the door to my room so it virtually takes up little to no room space. Gotta love that!

Now, what would a scrapbook room be without the STAMPS? And boy, do I have a ton! This picture shows my stacking drawer system to store all of my acrylic stamps. I currently have 6 drawers to hold stamps as well as a few of the My Acrylics Organizers to hold some of my seasonal ones.
You can also see by the shelving unit here that I store a lot of my accessories on this shelve as well as my extra paper trimmers, how to books, ribbon, re-inkers, and more.

That about rounds out the tour of my room. I'll throw in a few more miscellaneous pictures to finish off the tour. I hope you have enjoyed your tour and my first post! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your room is very organized! It looks great. Welcome to the world of blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila! I wish I could say it was always that clean! LOL

    ReplyDelete